

I am doing a Bible study called "5 conversations you must have with your daughter"...We meet with a group of ladies at our church who obviously all have daughters. Several of my friends and myself all have young babies or small toddlers but there are many ladies who have adolescent or beginning the teenage years girls. And as you can imagine, my friends and I spend most of the time listening to what these ladies ahead of us have to say. Let me just say...if I could stunt my girl's growth and not let her grow up, I would do just that! But as we all know, that is not what the Lord has called us to do, He wants us to teach them how to grow up in this world and be different than what 'the world' wants them to be. Sometimes it feels like an overwhelming task when you sit and think about it, but I have quickly learned already, that I have to be in prayer over EVERYTHING for my daughter. Anyway, if while reading any of this you have listened to the words of this song in the background, I hope that it has spoke to you like it spoke to me...
"There could never be a more beautiful you, don't buy the lies, disguises, & hoops they make you jump through, you were made to fill a purpose, that only you could do, so there could never be a more beautiful you"
I LOVE those words, even for myself, it is a good reminder when this 'world' tricks us into thinking otherwise...
No comments:
Post a Comment